AT Photonis Defense, Inc. our dedicated and talented employees are the foundation of our success. We have a full time first shift opportunity in our Lancaster facility for a Chemical Technologist. This is a key member of our manufacturing team that will be technically responsible for plating, materials testing, and other chemical processes. The successful candidate will bring their knowledge of chemical composition and proper experimentation methods to our facility and use those skills to ensure we produce quality products that meet our high company standards. A position within our facility is an opportunity to grow your skills and set yourself on the path to achieving your career goals.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assist in the processing of vacuum electronic devices and associated components and systems
- Operating, maintaining, troubleshooting, repair, and upgrade of process equipment
- Operating, maintaining, troubleshooting, repair, and upgrade of test equipment
- Develop or assist in establishing process methods and procedures
- Properly document procedures and timely modify if necessary
- Provide technical assistance, guidance, training, and work directions to operators
- Conducting lab tests for qualitative and quantitative analyses of various substances and materials
- Regularly inspect materials and equipment
- Working with other team members to develop improved production processes and methods Interpreting test results and compiling technical reports
- Assure the operation is in compliance with all safety and environmental regulations
- Knowledge of requirements for obtaining and or maintaining any necessary environmental permit(s)
- Other duties as assigned by management
An Associate Degree or significant job-related experience
Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing experience
Additional courses in metallurgy, math, biology, chemistry and/or physics would be advantageous
Knowledge of computer science and statistics is a plus
Strong analytical, observational, and time management skills
The ability to follow instructions and focus for extended periods
We offer a clean, bright work environment as well as a competitive starting rate, 401(k) with company match, medical, dental, life and disability benefits and more!
Qualified candidates should submit their resumes to email@example.com. Please submit a cover letter, resume and salary requirements.
Due to the confidential nature of our business, no in-person applications can be accepted.
PHOTONIS Defense, Inc. is an AA/EEO/ADA/Veteran Preference Employer.