At Photonis Defense, Inc. our dedicated and talented employees are the foundation of our success. We have a full-time opportunity in our Lancaster facility for an Engineering Technician. This is a key member of our manufacturing team that will be technically responsible for providing technical support in specific areas of expertise (i.e. assembly, test, electronics) for tasks that would otherwise be performed by an engineer. Participates in engineering programs involving research, design, development or production. Responsible for the assembling, testing, integrating, troubleshooting and repairing of high voltage power supplies (HVPS) used primarily in Traveling Wave Tube Amplifiers (TWTA's) and Microwave Power Modules (MPM's). Work includes production, field service, returned materials, and engineering setups, installations, testing, certification, and repair.
A position within our facility is an opportunity to grow our skills and set yourself on the path to achieving your career goals. While the essential duties and responsibilities described below are very broad, there is a willingness on the part of the employer to train, where necessary, capable candidates.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Under general engineering supervision, designs, fabricates, tests, and troubleshoots electrical/electronic or mechanical equipment or fixtures used to test or build experimental and production tube types or power supplies.
- Under general engineering supervision, develops, troubleshoots and evaluates testing and assembly processes and procedures necessary to fabricate or prove the design of Photonis Defense products and prepare for transfer to production.
- Provides technical advice and assistance to engineering and production as required; recommends corrective actions and changes in design, materials, and manufacturing processes as needed.
- Prepares reports and other data on test results; documents testing, fabrication and assembly procedures for further refinement and evaluation.
- Performs other miscellaneous technical assignments as required. May provide direction and instruction to other technical and hourly production personnel.
- Tests RF performance of finished products to ensure proper operation per established test criteria
- Integrates power supplies with high-power microwave devices
- Tests, troubleshoots and repairs high voltage switching power supplies and sub-assemblies
- Troubleshoots electronics down to the component level to determine route cause of issues and recommends a corrective action
- Operates microwave test equipment, oscilloscopes, generators, meters, power supplies, and test fixtures, and understands their use and function. (RF Sweepers, power meters, and network analyzers a plus)
- Operates hand tools, such as soldering irons, hand crimpers, screwdrivers, wrenches, pliers and small power tools, such as soldering irons, hand crimpers, screwdrivers, wrenches, pliers and small power tools and understands their use and function.
- Performs other related duties as assigned
- BA Degree or 2 years associates degree or technical school training
- Must be able to read mechanical drawings and schematics, use mechanical and/or electrical measuring instruments, make sketches and be familiar with basic engineering terms and procedures
- Must possess problem-solving skills, strong digital and analog skills, ability to troubleshoot in a logical manner.
- Professional, clear verbal and written communication
- Must be able to lift 35 lbs
- The job will require moderate driving distance travel
- Certification in J-STD-001, REquirements for Soldered Electronic Components, a plus
- Certification in IPC-7711/7721, Rework of Electronic Assemblies/Repair and Modification of Printed Boards and Electronic Assemblies, a plus
We offer a clean, bright work environment as well a competitive starting rate, 401(k) with company match, medical, dental, life and disability benefits and more!
Qualified candidates should submit their resumes to email@example.com. Please submit a cover letter, resume, and salary requirements.
Due to the confidential nature of our business, no in-person applications can be accepted.
Photonis Defense, Inc. is an AA/EEO/ADA/Veteran Preference Employer.