Photonis employees are motivated, competent and energetic. We commit to an environment that encourages leadership and learning. We encourage and support challenges to conventional thinking to further innovation and enable new technologies.
Job and internship opportunities
We are looking for an: Innovation Scientist
Our innovation team strives to making leapfrog developments in our extensive product portfolio, ensuring that not only today and tomorrow our technology remains state-of-the-art, but also in the years beyond.
As an Innovation Scientist you will be working on the forefront of the technology; bringing new solutions from universities to Photonis and also building on our intrinsic fundamental understanding to make the next major improvement steps. This task requires a high level of specialized know-how.
Based in our office in Roden, the Netherlands, you work closely together with the Chief Scientist to bring concepts to a ‘proof of concept’ status. Here the basics of a conceptual development is considered to be proven and the project can be transferred to your colleagues of the R&D team for further development.
What do we expect?
- You are highly motivated and passionate about research and development
- You will contribute your technical expertise and entrepreneurial skills to develop our innovative products
- You will work in a complex environment in which multiple disciplines melt together
- You like challenges and have enthusiasm, stamina and discipline
- You combine your active attitude with your theoretical knowledge and you are eager to find solutions
- You possess strong communication skills to ensure your research is understood and implemented in the best possible way
- You are self-motivated and work systematically and operate with a high level of responsibility and independency. Of course, you manage disappointments and push on
- Technical MSc or PhD degree in (Applied) Physics or Electronics
- Competences in at least one, but preferably in more, of the following areas: solid state physics, vacuum technology, surface science and charged particle optics
- At least 5 years of experience working in a technical and operational R&D environment
- Fluent in written and spoken English, Dutch is a big plus
What do we offer
- A job with great diversity in an ambitious and growing organization with room for flexibility, initiative and self-development
- Good salary and excellent fringe benefits
- A challenging job with a large degree of responsibility
- Work daily in a team of smart and curious people who are dedicated to one thing only: making sure our customers are successful
Enthusiastic about this position? Want to know more? Send your resume and motivation letter no later than December 7, 2020 to email@example.com. For questions or further explanation you can contact Gert Nützel +31(6) 83949271
By applying for this position, you agree that we will provide your personal data to our internal stakeholders. We may consult your LinkedIn account.