ASSOCIATE QUALITY ENGINEER
ASSOCIATE QUALITY ENGINEER
Photonis Scientific, Inc. in Sturbridge, MA, specializes in the design, development and manufacture of leading-edge detectors and electro-optics for the transport and identification of ions, electrons, UV Photons and Soft X-Rays. We hold a number of patents on our innovative technologies which include a wide range of electron multipliers, resistive glass, and fast photonic technologies. As part of our commitment to our customers we have an exciting opportunity for an Associate Quality Engineer.
Our quality products are used by most analytical instrument manufacturers to bring added value and reliability to their specialized instrumentation. In addition, our products add significant contributions to physics and space research, drug discovery, proteomic technologies, imaging and communications through our dedication to continual technology improvements.
- Perform internal audits as required in support of ISO 9001:2015, manufacturing and quality specifications/standards.
- Analyze data and prepare metrical reports as assigned to monitor company specific processes and performance.
- Make recommendations for improvement actions as needed.
- Apply problem solving and quality improvement tools and techniques (management and planning tools, corrective actions, and preventive measures) to solve internal and external issues with products or processes.
- Interface and follow-up with various teams as it pertains to:
- Quality performance
- Process performance
- Field returns and customer problem resolution
- Internal failures and rework
- First Article Inspections
- Take part in Supplier Quality reviews and evaluation(s)
- Review non-conforming materials through to final disposition
- Periodic review of Suppliers
- Inspect and evaluate customer returns and aid/evaluate root cause and corrective actions.
- Periodically inspect product as needed to support incoming inspection, verification of special customer requirements, and final inspection audit.
- Preparation of Certificates of Conformance (CofC)
- Revise forms, checklists and process documents when required by following ECN protocols.
- Take part in ECN approvals as required.
- Helps to ensure that the company is in compliance with relevant industry standards and guidelines related to quality assurance, social and environmental responsibility and risk management.
- Administers Returns System and leads evaluation and disposition of returns.
Detail oriented and customer focused is a must.
- Deliberate, self-motivated individuals are strongly encouraged to apply.
- Must work effectively in a fast-paced and changing environment.
What do we offer?
- The tools you need to exceed your professional goals including
- Full product education
- Up to date technical resources
- The industry's most advanced product development energy
- A competitive compensation package including the following:
- Health, dental, and vision coverage
- Life and disability insurance
- Generous Paid Time Off
- 401(k) with company match
This position is governed by the regulations and guidelines of ITAR. Candidates must be able to evidence the right to live and work permanently and unsponsored in the US as an employment contingency.
If you expect more from an employer; More opportunities, More rewards and More challenges then please submit your resume with cover letter that includes salary requirements to:
Only those responses that meet or exceed all the stated background parameters for education, citizenship, experience, and professional competency will be considered.
PHOTONIS Scientific, Inc. is a drug free environment and conducts pre-employment drug and alcohol testing
PHOTONIS Scientific, Inc. is an AA/EEO/ADA/Veterans Preference Employer.