Electrical Technician (Power Tubes)
Electrical Technician (Power Tubes)
At Photonis Defense, Inc. our dedicated and talented employees are the foundation of our success. We have a full-time opportunity in our Lancaster facility for an Electrical Technician. This is a key member of our manufacturing team that will be technically responsible for providing technical support in specific areas of expertise (i.e. assembly, test, electronics) for tasks that would otherwise be performed by an engineer. Participates in engineering programs involving research, design, development or production. Work includes production support, installations, testing, calibration, and repair. This is a "hands-on" position.
A position within our facility is an opportunity to grow your skills and set yourself on the path to achieving your career goals. Tuition assistance is available for qualified applicants.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Multi-tasking and time management skills, tasks may change daily
- Social skills to communicate effectively with staff and hourly production personnel
- Strong troubleshooting skills for mechanical, electrical, and high vacuum equipment
- Familiar with PLCs and able to interpret and modify programs, Allen-Bradley preferred
- Familiar with at least one software language, visual basic or LabView preferred
- Under engineering supervision - modifies, fabricates, tests, and troubleshoot electrical/electronic or mechanical equipment of fixtures used to test finished products
- Provides technical advice and assistance to engineering and production as required; recommends corrective actions and changes in design, materials and manufacturing processes as needed
- Performs other miscellaneous technical assignments as required, may provide direction and instruction to other technical and hourly production personnel
- Tests RF performance of the finished product to ensure proper operation per established test criteria
- Tests, troubleshoots and repairs high voltage power supplies and sub-assemblies
- Troubleshoots electronics down to the component level to determine route cause of an issue
- Operates oscilloscopes, signal generators, meters, power supplies, and test fixtures, and understands their use and function.
- Keeps supervisor apprised of all unresolved and/or potential problems that would negatively affect production schedules
- Performs other duties as assigned
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Minimum 2 years associates degree in Electronic Engineering or technical school training
- Proficient in MS Office software ... Access, Excel, Word
- Must be able to read mechanical drawings and schematics, use mechanical and/or electrical measuring instruments, make sketches and be familiar with basic eingering terms and procedures. Experience with AutoCAD or SolidWorks is a plus
- Must possess problem-solving skills, strong digital and analog skills, ability to troubleshoot in a logical manner
- Professional, clear verbal and written communication
- Must have experience using: DVM, oscilloscopes, hand tools, such as soldering irons, drills, crimpers, screwdrivers, and wrenches
- Must be able to lift 50 lbs
We offer a clean, bright work environment as well as a competitive starting rate, 401(k) with company match, medical, dental, life and disability benefits and more!
Qualified candidates should submit their resumes to email@example.com. Please submit a cover letter, resume and salary requirements.
Due to the confidential nature of our business, no in-person applications can be accepted.
Photonis Defense, Inc. is an AA/EEO/ADA/Veteran Preference Employer