Full Time Regular
Sturbridge, MA, US
Photonis USA, located in Sturbridge, MA, specializes in the design, development and manufacture of leading-edge detectors and electro-optics for the transport and identification of ions, electrons, UV Photons and Soft X-Rays. We hold a number of patents on our innovative technologies which include a wide range of electron multipliers, resistive glass and fast photonic technologies. Our quality products are used by most analytical instrument manufacturers to bring added value and reliability to their specialized instrumentation. In addition, our products add significant contributions to physics and space research, drug discovery, proteomic technologies, imaging and communications through our dedication to continual technology improvements.
As part of our commitment to our customers we have developed an opportunity for an Electro-Mechanical Technician in our Sturbridge facility. The primary responsibility of this Manufacturing Engineering Technician will be to assist the manufacturing/process engineers with the testing and processing of prototype device and processing experiments. The position reports the Manufacturing Engineering Manager.
Support the ongoing implementation of Lean Manufacturing, 5S and SPC into the manufacturing areas and will collaborate with teammates on product and process improvements to increase product performance, reliability and life, and reduce cost and waste.
- The duties are multi-faceted and varied across all product lines.
- Setting up and testing of prototype/engineering detectors and engineering tests.
- Assist in the design and fabrication of test, assembly and process fixtures as well as production equipment.
- Assist in train manufacturing team mates as required on new and/or modified processes & detectors.
- Assist in the transfer of new products into manufacturing.
- Support Mfg. Engineers with engineering test data collection.
- Provide day-to-day production support based on the criticality of current business need. Off shift and overtime work may be required at times to provide aforementioned support and training.
The primary qualifications and skills required for this position are:
- The ideal candidate will possess an associate degree in Electrical Engineering Technology with a minimum of 3 years of proven experience setting up and testing electronic devices along with a strong mechanical background.
- The ability to multitask is a must.
- Excellent written and verbal communication.
- Proficiency with MS Office products preferred.
- This position is in our Sturbridge, MA facility. No relocation benefits are currently offered.
- This position is governed by the regulations and guidelines of ITAR including a candidate’s ability to evidence US citizenship as an employment contingency.
We offer the right candidate an aggressive and competitive compensation package that includes a full menu of benefits including health and dental coverage, life and disability insurance, vacation and 401(k) with company match. Please send resume with cover letter that includes salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org
Only those responses that meet or exceed all the stated background parameters for education, experience and professional competency will be reviewed and retained. No inquiries from professional recruiting firms will be considered.
Photonis Scientific is an AA/EEO/ADA/Veterans Preference Employer