IT Manager (FSO&ISSO)
IT Manager (FSO&ISSO)
Manager, Information Technology and Field Security & Information System Security Officer
We have a full time first shift opportunity in our Lancaster facility for an IT Manager with the collateral duties of Information Technology, Field Security & Information System Security Officer. (FSO & ISSO)
The IT department is the single point of entry for incident reporting, proactively addressing/anticipating issues; tracking all maintenance actions, providing technical expertise in the resolution of problems which cannot be solved immediately at the remote locations, as well as providing real-time support to users and maintainers by means of phone, fax, e-mail or Web access. We have an automated Trouble Ticket Management Solution with which the candidate will monitor and track all trouble tickets.
The FSO and ISSO serves as a primary point of contact and liaison with U.S. government agencies and the Defense Counterintelligence Security Agency. To be in this position you must have, or be eligible for, and maintain a Department of Defense security clearance. Training will be provided for this position.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES - IT;
- Oversee the Managed Information Technology (MIT) contract for Help Desk and Network Administration services.
- Hands on onsite troubleshooting of IT issues, in conjunction with MIT contractor
- Develop short- and long-term IT Capital Budgets.
- Assist in the development and certification of a Cyber Security Plan. NIST, CMMC
- Develop and maintain an IT disaster recovery plan.
- Coordinate system penetration efforts and threat detection analysis.
- Develop of full understanding of the ERP system (SAGE) and work with the operations and finance departments to fully utilize system capabilities.
- Develop ERP system reports to support operational needs.
- Support the implementation and/or evaluation of new or proposed applications.
- Provide insight into technical trends and requirements Develop IT Best Practices.
- Train employees on proper system usage and cyber security threat avoidance.
- Provide backup IT support for our sister company in Massachusetts in conjunction with their internal IT support personnel.
- Maintaining the Help Desk.
- Recording solution sets in the ticketing system database.
- Providing one-on-one support to users via telephone, chat, facsimile, email, or the internet.
- Resolving user problems with all open trouble tickets and closing tickets within the system.
- Tracking all maintenance actions.
- Providing fielding support and guidance on new versions of software.
- Installing updated/new versions of software.
- Maintaining system administration of all Photonis systems.
- Provide support to Sturbridge, MA location.
- Perform Cybersecurity Assessments.
- Provide direct support to CEO/VP Finance and other executives as needed.
- Provide and perform upgrades, improvements and plans to systems in accordance with Photonis strategic objectives.
- Support Remote VPN offices.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES – FSO & ISSO
- Ensure compliance with NISPOM and all security protocols required by customers or contracts and keeps abreast of ever-changing security regulations.
- Facilitate the successful preparation and completion of annual inspections to ensure government compliance.
- Facilitate the Department of Defense Facility Clearance Program and all aspects of the personnel security clearance process.
- Hold or be able to obtain a government security clearance.
- Create and update security plans, procedures and instructions.
- Participate in the development and execution of security education programs.
- Supervise daily security activities and enforce government and company security policies.
- Perform access control responsibilities including managing badges, access cards and visit requests.
- Report and present security status/metrics to corporate management.
- Research, develop, implement, test and review information security programs to protect information and prevent unauthorized access.
- Implement cybersecurity measures and monitor networks
- Establish and maintain functioning external barriers such as firewalls and other cybersecurity measures.
Associate or Bachelor’s degree with a Major in Computer Science, Systems or Network Administration, Cyber Security, Computer Programing and/or experience and competence with the applications, subsystems and networks most commonly used within Department of Defense contractor companies. Higher level degrees and/or no degree combined with substantial real-life work experience will also be considered. A DoD security clearance is desired is not required for hire but will be required for continued employment. Prior FSO and/or ISSO experience or certification will be a plus.
The mature candidate should have experience and competence with the applications/subsystems/networks used by Department of Defense contractor companies. The candidate shall have and maintain competency in the operation of the following items, systems, software, suites, networks, and processes that comprise the Photonis environment such as:
- Wide Area Network (WAN) protocols
- Department of Defense (DoD) network security
- DoD Information Assurance requirements
- Storage Area Network (SAN) switches
- Cisco Networking and programming
- Firewalls, intrusion detectors, and network analyzers
- MS SQL Server
- MS Share Point Portal Server
- Linux Systems Administration
- Windows 10 Systems Administration
- Windows server 2012 – 2019 Systems Administration
- Complete Active Directory Administration and Configuration
- SageX3 and Sage SEI ERP systems
- Polycom Systems
- Webex Server
- Lotus Notes Suite
- Office 365 Suite
- ISP Certification is a Plus
Appearances do matter as the successful candidate will be involved in Board of Director meetings and must be able to handle themselves accordingly and present themselves properly. We offer a clean, bright work environment as well as a competitive starting rate, 401(k) with company match, medical, dental, life and disability benefits and more!
Qualified candidates should submit their cover letters, resumes and salary requirements.
Due to the confidential nature of our business, no in-person applications can be accepted.
Photonis Defense, Inc. is an AA/EEO/ADA/Veteran Preference Employer.