Full Time Regular
Sturbridge, MA, US
Photonis Scientific, in Sturbridge, MA, specializes in the design, development and manufacture of leading-edge detectors and electro-optics for the transport and identification of ions, electrons, UV Photons and Soft X-Rays. We hold a number of patents on our innovative technologies which include a wide range of electron multipliers, resistive glass and fast photonic technologies. Our quality products are used by most analytical instrument manufacturers to bring added value and reliability to their specialized instrumentation. In addition, our products add significant contributions to physics and space research, drug discovery, proteomic technologies, imaging and communications through our dedication to continual technology improvements.
We have a full time opportunity in our Sturbridge, MA facility for an introductory level Mechanical Designer supporting our business operations. Duties will include solid modeling, detail drawings and light design of both fixturing and products in support of the Manufacturing and R & D departments.
- Must understand the basics of 3-D modeling and experience with Inventor a strong plus.
- Some experience in developing models and generating drawings from legacy documents and red line drawings is required.
- Strong judgment, exceptional analytic ability and creativity in investigation of minor design problems.
- Ability to disseminate information obtained verbally and from specifications, sketches, customer layout, drawings, existing components and convert the information into solid models with accompanying detailed drawings with section views and dimensions.
- Proven ability to multitask in a fast paced environment and contribute effectively in a team environment is necessary.
- BSME is a plus but consideration to will be given to a combination of education and hands on training programs.
For this role you’ll need good organizational skills, strong written and spoken communication skills and a stable verifiable work history.
We offer the right candidate an aggressive and competitive compensation package that includes a full menu of benefits including health and dental coverage, life and disability insurance, vacation and 401(k) with company match. Please send resume with cover letter that includes salary requirements to email@example.com
Only those responses that meet or exceed all the stated background parameters for education, experience and professional competency will be reviewed and retained. No inquiries from professional recruiting firms will be considered.
Photonis Scientific is an AA/EEO/ADA/Veterans Preference Employer