National OEM Sales Manager
National OEM Sales Manager
Photonis Scientific, located in Sturbridge, MA, specializes in the design, development and manufacture of leading-edge detectors and electro-optics for the transport and identification of Ions, Electrons, UV Photons and Soft X-Rays. We hold numerous patents on our innovative technologies which include a wide range of electron multipliers, resistive glass and fast photonic technologies.
Our quality products are used by most analytical instrument manufacturers to bring added value and reliability to their specialized instrumentation with one of our main focuses being on Mass Spectrometry applications. Our products add significant contributions to physics and space research, drug discovery, proteomic technologies, imaging, and communications through our dedication to continual technology improvements. We continually strive to anticipate and surpass our customers’ expectations. The very buoyant demand for high-performance, integrated sensors on various platforms, is fueling both our growth and strategic direction.
To advance our mission we need a highly motivated National OEM Sales Manager to build relationships and drive sales. This position will be based on the East Coast of the United States with the expectation that routine presence in our Sturbridge, MA location will be necessary to build internal relationships as well as develop and continually maintain product knowledge. The National OEM Sales Manager will develop and implement key product specific targeted business plans to generate new business while maintaining, cultivating and expanding existing client relationship. It is anticipated that the incumbent will achieve success by developing robust partnerships with integrators and system manufacturers within the USA. As part of our growth plan this position will expand into the European markets.
• Represent the company’s full line of products and services to identify and successfully close new, profitable business at strategic targets in the assigned territory while maintaining and growing existing client base.
• Create, deliver, and follow up on business proposals to customers with the goal to close new profitable business.
• Create, maintain, and present a Business Plan for assigned account base to company management on quarterly and annual basis.
• Communicate with management by providing contact reports, trip reports, and related analyses.
• Accurately forecast business in assigned territory.
• Locate, train and develop channel partnerships to provide additional growth for our products throughout the US.
• Assist with marketing programs aimed at cultivating new business, including the full support of regional and national tradeshows.
• Maintain Client activities using Company’s CRM system.
Education and Experience
• Bachelor's degree in a Technical, Engineering or Marketing discipline
• 5+ years experience technical sales. (5+ years technical sales and photo-sensor technology experience preferred) 3+ years experience in business-to-business sales (5+ years preferred) coupled with managing distribution channels in a global arena
• A record of successful professional activity as a remote, virtual employee demonstrating independence, self-discipline, and integrity.
• Experience with Mass Spectrometry or other analytical instrumentation technology such as Scanning Electron Microscope, etc.
• Experience working for a global technical products entity is a plus but not necessary
• Understanding of ion detection with a strong focus on SEM & FIB as well as helium leak detection instruments is a strong plus.
- Clear and professional English language written and verbal skills
- Strong presentation and persuasion skills
- Willingness and ability to travel via automobile and air domestically at least 75%
- Valid driver’s license, clean driving record.
- Basic understanding of business, including familiarity with financial statements
- High level of attention to detail and accuracy
- Strong organizational skills and ability to prioritize tasks
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships across departments, functions and among direct reports.
- The tools you need to exceed your professional goals including
- Full product education
- Up to date technical resources
- The industry's most advanced product development energy
- A competitive compensation package including the following:
- Health, dental, and vision coverage
- Life and disability insurance
- Generous Paid Time Off
- 401(k) with company match
This position is governed by the regulations and guidelines of ITAR. Candidates must be able to evidence the right to live and work permanently and unsponsored in the US as an employment contingency.
Photonis USA is a drug free environment and conducts pre-employment drug and alcohol testing
If you expect more from an employer; more opportunities, more rewards and more challenges then please apply
Please include your resume with cover letter that includes salary requirement.
Only those responses that meet or exceed all the stated background parameters for education, citizenship, experience, and professional competency will be considered. No inquiries from professional recruiting firms will be considered.
PHOTONIS Scientific, Inc. is an AA/EEO/ADA/Veterans Preference Employer.