Production Planner/Scheduler plans, coordinates and expedites the flow of materials between departments according to production schedule based upon customer promised delivery dates and historical usage. Duties include maintaining adequate inventory levels through coordination with purchasing and manufacturing departments.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Utilizes MRP software to enter purchase requests and work orders.
- Generates cycle count sheets for measuring inventory accuracy.
- Coordinates with outside vendors for subcontracted items to meet specific manufacturing processes, shipping and receiving.
- Track work in progress (WIP) using internal databases; produces dispatch reports.
- Utilize MRP system for inventory planning.
- Promote and Encourage understanding and use of the ISO 9001 based Quality Management System
- To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Judgment - Occasionally makes decisions in the absence of specific policies and procedures, and/or guidance from supervisor.
- Dependability - Follows instructions, responds to direction; keeps commitments. Team work - Works well in a team environment. ]
- Attention to Detail - Thorough when performing work and conscientious about attending to detail.
- Quantity and Quality - Meets productivity standards; works efficiently, but maintains a high level of detail.
- Oral Communication - Listens and gets clarification; responds well to questions; effectively presents information to individuals of the organization.
- Safety and Security - Ensures safety procedures are followed; reports potentially unsafe conditions; uses equipment and materials properly.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
High school diploma or general education degree (GED) or equivalent experience. Minimum of 1- 3 years production planning/scheduling work experience required. APICS certified in Production and Inventory Management or some other type of materials requirements planning (MRP) knowledge preferred.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write report and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively with vendors, customers and employees of the organization.
Basic math skills required including ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
Ability to enter and track data into MRP system and in-house database to produce work orders and purchase requests. Ability to use MSOffice applications and email.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee works in a high tech manufacturing environment with moderate to loud noise levels. The employee at times works near moving mechanical parts; and in places with fumes or airborne particles.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds.
Specific vision abilities required by this job include close and distant vision, ability to distinguish color, and the ability to adjust focus.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to talk or hear. The employee is regularly required to walk; sit; and use hands to finger, handle, or feel. The employee is at times required to stand; and reach with hands and arms.1
Please refer to the Physical Demand analysis for a more exhaustive overview of the demands of this job.