Full Time Regular
Sturbridge, MA, US
AT PHOTONIS Scientific, Inc. our dedicated and talented employees are the foundation of our success. We have a full time opportunity in our Sturbridge facility for a Staff Accountant. This is a key member of our corporate accounting group that will maintain and execute a variety of financial procedures, including month-end and year-end closings, oversee accounts receivable functions, preparation and filing of sales & use tax returns, general ledger entries, account analysis, and other ad-hoc requests as needed. The preferred candidate will have 3 – 5 years of related accounting experience in a manufacturing environment, an understanding of GAAP, be well versed in cost accounting and be able to talk in debit and credits. SAGE experience is preferred, but not required. The candidate must be able to work independently, highly proficient in Microsoft Excel, and be able to multitask, problem-solve, and prioritize workload.
Essential duties and responsibilities:
- Accounts Receivable – collection, application, monitoring & reporting; communicate with customers as needed for overdue balances.
- Month-End Close – takes ownership of the General Ledger; reconcile & prepare month-end recs, including related journal entries, for two entities.
- Reporting – daily cash balance reporting, weekly & monthly sales reports.
- Sales & Use Tax Returns – preparation of multiple state sales & use tax returns.
- Contribute to the annual budgeting process by analyzing current year results and assisting the Controller with forecasting.
- Assists in development and implementation of new procedures & features to enhance the workflow of the department.
- Contribute to the timely & efficient completion of all annual financial audit & tax activities.
- Ad-hoc projects & reports as needed.
Education / Experience:
Bachelor’s (B.S. or B.A.) degree from an accredited four-year college or university and 3 – 5 years financial accounting experience in a growing manufacturing accounting environment. Recent Cost Accounting experience in a Standard Cost Environment is preferred. Experience with ERP systems required, experience with SAGE a plus. Must have strong experience with Microsoft Excel. Excellent communication and analytical skills as well as detail-oriented with good planning skills is required.
We offer a clean, bright work environment as well as a competitive starting rate, 401(k) with company match, medical, dental, life and disability benefits and more!
Qualified candidates should submit their resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please submit a cover letter, resume and salary requirements.
Due to the confidential nature of our business, no in-person applications can be accepted.
Photonis Scientific, Inc. is an AA/EEO/ADA/Veteran Preference Employer.