Photonis produces Miniature Gamma Ionization Chambers mainly dedicated for the measurement of high intensity gamma radiations, as close as possible to the gamma generator.
|Custom Gamma ionization chambers|
By full control of the following processes, Photonis Nuclear Instrumentation can supply custom gamma ionization chambers with the highest quality and reliability levels
- Adaptation of industrialized gamma ionization chambers to customer specific requirements.
- Development of new gamma ionization chambers with our experienced R&D team.
- Long term collaboration with the French Atomic Energy Commission / CEA (theoretical approach, modeling, qualification tests in research reactors.
- Complete manufacturing process on site.
- Support from all the Photonis Group activities, experience and knowledge.
- Certifications & Quality Assurance programs adapted to the customer environment.
- Technical support, applying expertise
- Structure: One coaxial mineral insulated cable connected to the detector.
- Electrodes: The two electrodes consist of a concentric stainless steel tube assembly.
- Filling gas: The gas type and pressure depend on the required sensitivity. Standard gases are nitrogen or xenon.
- Insulators: As it is necessary to measure extremely low currents, insulators must be of very high quality and radiation resistant. Photonis only uses high-grade alumina insulators from qualified suppliers.
|Examples of custom versions from basic types|
- Gamma sensitivity tailored to individual requirement
- Connector type (BNC, BNCHT, HN or others)
- Adapted external dimensions and mechanical interfaces
- Ruggedized structure for harsh environment (radiation, temperature, humidity, mechanical stress)
The French Atomic Energy Commission (CEA) selected Photonis as its technological partner for a co-operative development of neutron and gamma detectors when the French nuclear power program took shape in the sixties.
Fuel reprocessing plant – AREVA/COGEMA/ORANO – Numerous gamma ionization chambers – France, Japan.